For the many people out there suffering from blackheads, clogged hair pores that appear on our skin with dirt mainly due to oily skin, who are looking for a natural way in which to fight this issue, one of the best earthly element to use is honey. Honey is one of the natural components that helps significantly reduce the number of blackheads from our skin.
First we need to know how honey is useful for blackheads removal so let’s first look at some of the properties of honey.
PROPERTIES OF HONEY
- Honey acts as an antibacterial and antioxidant agent that helps to pull out dirt from clogged pores and thereby reduces blackheads.
- Honey has a pH value between 3.2 to 4.4, which is considered very low for acne and blackheads, to prevent blackheads.
- It nourishes and moisturizes our skin to give a natural shining glow.
- Extracting blackheads becomes easier as it makes our skin smoother.
- It also has deep cleansing properties.
Using Honey for Blackhead Removal
- Pour some honey in your hands.
- Next, apply the honey on your skin, especially on areas affected with blackheads.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes.
- Take a warm, soft towel and scrub your skin gently for 10 minutes.
- Thoroughly wash your face with warm water and then again with cold water to close your pores.
- NOTE: You can warm the honey for better results.
Mix Honey With Other Ingredient
Honey is a great removal on its own, but it can also be used with other ingredients for improved results.
Cinnamon and Honey
Cinnamon and Honey are considered the perfect combination for removing blackheads from your skin. Honey contains antibacterial agents that help to clean your clogged pores and thereby removing blackheads. Cinnamon complements honey by improving blood circulation and making the skin smoother and easier for removing blackheads, as removing blackheads from hard skin will be painful.
Steps To Follow:
- Mix one teaspoon of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder to form a thick paste.
- Apply a thin layer of paste over your blackheads.
- Place clean, dry strips of cotton over the layer of paste.
- Allow to set for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water followed by cold water to close the pores. Using a moisturizer afterwards can yield better results.
Follow these steps for 10 days continuously to see better results.
Honey and Milk
As discussed, honey has an antibacterial agent that helps to clean your clogged pores whereas milk contains lactic acid that helps to keep the skin soft and smooth. Both of these component act as a good pair in eliminating blackheads.
Steps To Follow:
- Mix one teaspoon of honey with some milk to make a paste by heating the mixture in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- Now when the temperature of the paste cools down, apply a thin layer of paste over your blackheads.
- Place clean, dry strips of cotton over it the paste.
- Wait for 15-20 minutes until the paste dries.
- Now peel off the strips and wash your face with warm water and rinse with cold water to close the pores.
Follow these steps for 10 days continuously to see good results.
Honey and Lemon
- Cut a lemon in half and put 3-4 drops of honey on one piece of the lemon.
- Take the lemon piece and rub it on your blackheads in a circular motion.
- Allow the honey and lemon juice to sit on your skin for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash your face with cold water.
- Repeat the same process 3-4 times weekly for better results.
- Note: Warming the honey first will produce increased results.
Honey and Egg White
- Whisk 1 teaspoon of honey with an egg white and apply the mixture to your blackheads.
- Taking a soft, clean, wet towel, gently rub the towel on your blackheads using small, circular motions.
- Rub it for at least 15-20 minutes and then wash your face.
- Follow the same procedure 3-4 times weekly for effective results.
Honey with Apples, Mint, and Cornmeal
- Peel and slice an apple and place in a blender with a pinch of chopped mint and one teaspoon of cornmeal. Pulverize the mixture.
- Now warm a teaspoon of honey and add it to the mixture until all ingredients are combined.
- Apply the mixture on your blackheads and leave on until it dries completely, about 10 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water
- Repeat the same procedure 3-4 times a week for better results.
Honey and Almonds
- Crush a teaspoon of almonds into small pieces and mix with honey to form a paste.
- Apply the paste to your blackheads.
- Wait for 15-20 minutes until it dries.
- Wash your face with warm water.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times a week.
Honey and Salt
- Take a pinch of salt and mix it with a teaspoon of honey to form a paste.
- Scrub the paste on your affected areas gently.
- Wait for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your face with cold water.
Ready Made Honey Products
These were some of the methods you can try using honey to remove blackheads; however, you can also buy many products that are made from honey in stores or online such as:
Do check out these products as both contain honey for blackhead removal and have had awesome reviews.
Also, you can watch this video from Youtube for more methods:
Related Article: How To Remove Deep Blackheads